We are best at...
A proofreader ensures the content is free of errors. A proofreader ensures:
- Content is free of typographical, grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors.
- Analyzing it on a visual and content level for final changes.
Copy editors take a line-by-line, sentence-by-sentence approach and are interested in:
- Clarity of message
- Grammar/mechanics/word usage/syntax/punctuation
- Consistency (treatment of numbers, verb tense, subheads, etc.)
Substantive editing involve restructuring or rewriting part or all of a document. They focus on:
- Sentence complexity and use of active or passive verbs
- Clear, logical development of ideas
- Use of jargon or technical terms appropriate for the intended audience